Traveling by Air:
UBC Okanagan campus is conveniently located 2.5 km away from Kelowna International Airport. While Kelowna airport shuttle is available and requires advance booking, probably the most convenient method to reach UBC campus is to use or share a taxi cab. If you are planning to explore the region or to have lunch/dinner off-campus, it is highly recommended that you rent a car from one of the car rental companies located at the airport. Since Kelowna is a popular tourist destination, to avoid disappointment, you may wish to make your car rental reservation in advance.
Traveling by Car:
For those attendees wanting to drive to Kelowna for the conference, google map instructions are provided from the nearest major cities.
Affordable on-campus parking is available throughout the campus. Visitors to campus may park in either metered visitor stalls or day pass dispenser lots. Metered stalls are located in lots E, F and G. Meters accept coins only at a rate of $1.25 per hour up to a maximum of 2 hours. Dispensers are available in lots G, H and M all day. Dispensers are available in lots B, E, F and J, after 12 pm. Rates are $3-5 for 3 hours and $5-7 for one day. Dispensers accept coins, Visa and MasterCard. A UBC Okanagan campus map is available from here.
Staying on campus:
The University of British Columbia Okanagan offers affordable resort-like accommodations on campus. UBC Okanagan Conference and Accommodation offers the following options
- Okanagan Single Room ($48-$54 CAD per night):The Okanagan Single Rooms provide one private bedroom with a single bed (single occupancy), and access to the bathroom shared only with the room next door. Each floor has a common lounge providing a kitchenette with comfortable seating and TV. These 500 modern air-conditioned student rooms are located in 3 buildings: Purcell, Nicola and Kalamalka.
- Monashee Studio Suite ($69–$129 CAD per night): The Studio Suites provide 1 queen bed, a private bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen with small dining area. These 76 modern air-conditioned residence suites are located in the Monashee building.
- Monashee One Bedroom Suite ($119–$189 CAD per night): The 1-Bedroom Suites provide 2 queen beds, a private bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen with small dining area. These 17 modern air-conditioned residence suites are located in the Monashee building.
To book an on-campus housing, please visit the following UBC Okanagan Conference and Accommodation website:
Staying off campus:
For those who prefer to stay off campus, we recommend one of the following hotels by the Okanagan Lake. If one chooses to stay off campus, he/she is strongly recommended to arrange a rental car. Please book your rental car and off-campus hotel in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel (rated as one of top waterfront hotels in Canada; located in the heart of downtown Kelowna)
- Manteo Resort (a popular lakeside resort hotel fits all individual and family needs)
- Hotel Eldorado (a very nice boutique hotel with pool, spa and fitness, next to Manteo)
All conference attendees will receive FREE wireless internet anywhere on campus (except in the residence area).